Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

House of Cards



Today sees the Shabby & Vintage Week of the House of Cards challenge blog and we are still working with the wonderful colour scheme.

vintage hues

This will be my last contribution to the House of Cards design team as unfortunately my family circumstances have changed.  My dad has been poorly over the summer having suffered a small stroke and it is heartbreaking but he is now suffering from Vascular Dementia and this has resulted in both physical and mental changes - I need to dedicate more of my time to helping him and my mum and with all my other committments such as my paid job, my grandchildren and children and my council duties - crafting is the one thing I am not able to give my full attention to and as such I have made a difficult decision to step down from the majority of the design teams I am on. 

I do not like to spill my personal life over my crafting blog but wish to explain the reasons as I do not like fulfiling my commitments and hate to let people down but hopefully people will understand.  I hope to craft as and when it fits in with family life as I miss it!!





Hope you enjoy looking at my card and that you don't mind my outpouring ....hope to be back soon enjoying my crafting.  Take care, Suzanne xx

10 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a beautiful vintage shabby card - love it. So sorry to hear that you are having to step down for the time being but as always family must come first. Take care - hugs!

Ruth M said...

Suzanne, you will be SO SO missed at HOC, I always loved seeing your gorgeous work! All I can say is you have gone out on a high - this card is incredibly beautiful, really stunning!

That sentiment is so meaningful, right now every day must be a struggle but there's always hope and I'm wishing miracles to come your way!

Take care, {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

Gertrude said...

Bin total begeistert von deiner Karte
lg gertrude

chriscesar said...

So Sorry Suzanne to hear the bad news about your father, and i think that evereybody can really understand that you stop crafting blogs for a moment.
Hope you'll keep some time for yourselves, it is really helpfull in the bad moments!
Lot of kisses from France

Mynn xx said...

A brilliant finish, Suzanne! It's absolutely gorgeous--a perfect card! HUGS to you and I hope that you can find some time to craft in your busy life! Mynn xx

Nancy Seed said...

Outstanding Suzanne. I do hope that your Dad improves with each and every day. I know from recent experience myself that it is heart breaking to see our parents falter when they have been such pillars of strength through our younger years. Best of Luck, sorry to see you leave.

Nancy Seed said...

Outstanding Suzanne. I do hope that your Dad improves with each and every day. I know from recent experience myself that it is heart breaking to see our parents falter when they have been such pillars of strength through our younger years. Best of Luck, sorry to see you leave.

Rocky said...

That's one gorgeous card, so sorry you're leaving us but I really do understand why. I wish you well and please pop back to say hello when you can, we'll miss you.

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful card Suzanne. I will miss your cards on the blog. Prayers for your Dad to improve.Good luck and hope all resolves itself soon

2amscrapper said...

stunning and heartfelt card! best wishes as you journey through these difficult times with your dad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...