Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Just because..

I wanted to I made card.  I did want to use my new Stampendous bird stamp though.




I dug out some very old K&Co paper, a strip of cardboard I had lying on my desk.
I have used Seedless Grape and Faded Jeans distress inks to colour the card and cardboard along with acrylic paint.
The charming little bird was coloured with Inktense water colour pencils and the flowers were layered.
The chipboard frame was originally green however I sanded then coloured with a mixture of distress inks, I added crackle glaze to the sentiment and  micro beads.
Stamped and water coloured butterflies and twine were added. I would like to enter the following challenges:-

Make my Monday - anything that flies

Live and Love Crafts - 50 Shades of Lilac

No Matter Which Challenges - Things with Wings

Hope you enjoyed our two days of summer in the UK, glorious weather - as this morning it is back to normal, wet and windy! Suzanne

11 comments:

Juls said...

This is just stunning!! Hugs Juls xxx

Fliss said...

This is so pretty Suz. The colours are gorgeous and the shabby chic look fabulous. Love the sweet little bird too - so cute!
Thanks for joining our MMM challenge this week, so lovely to have you with us.
Hugs, Fliss xx
PS: A bit behind on my commenting!

Paper Profusion said...

This is so soft and beautiful Suzanne. I love the hues you have used. Super cute stamp. Nicola x

chriscesar said...

This is such a lovely card, i love everything on it, The bird, butterflies, lot of layers and the colours!
Have a good week!

chriscesar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cazro said...

A stunning card, I do love the new Stampendous stamp. Hope your well and life is good. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

Mynn xx said...

Suzanne, this is absolutely lovely! I adore the beautiful coloring and the amazing image! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

PS: I've got a DT call on for a new challenge called House of Cards. I'd love for you to enter if you're interested! :) It's really low key--only 1-2 projects per month...just saying! :D

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Suzanne. I love the image and such beautiful detailing
Thank you for taking part in the No Matter Which Challenge this month
Sue xx

ilse said...

beautiful card

Louise said...

Hello Suzanne!
Oh wow! This is such a darling image and I love your papers and layout too!

Thank you so much for joining us at LLC this month :)
Welcome back! Hugs, Louise

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful Suzanne, love the image and your 3D flowers. Thanks for joining us at LLC this month.
Hugs Tracy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...