Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2013

In the Library...

Over at the Craft Room - my fellow DT friend, Debi has given us a fabulous theme to work with.  It is open to many interpretations and the DT examples show this off amazingly...even if I say so myself.

"IN THE LIBRARY"

For this challenge we have a great sponsor Rogue Redhead Designs specializes in vintage, eclectic and modern stamp designs. Pressed into quality red rubber, these highly detailed images are sure to impress.
My DT piece is a folded book with an Alice in Wonderland theme.


The images are from an Indigo Blu plate of stamps and these have been coloured with a mixture of Promarkers, pencils and normal markers.


The base is card which has been coloured with distress inks; Peacock Feathers and Faded Jeans.  This was stamped with foliage images before the card was embossed with a cogs design. I buffed the raised cogs with metallic green/gold paint..




I hope you are able to play along with us at the Craft Room.  I would like to enter the following challenges with my folded book.

Sugar Creek Hollow - "Nursery Rhymes or Fairytales"
I hope Alice is considered to be a fairytale - it certainly isn't real life.

Anything but a Card - "inspired by"
My fondness for folding books, which is quite therapeutic comes from  Sue Roddis of Jabberwocky as she does wonderful things with books and has a penchant for everything Alice.  Sue knows I "don't get" her macabre style but I really do appreciate her talent and execution.

My Time to Craft - use an old newspaper, magazine or book

Thanks for stopping by and hello to my few followers....I have an election to cope with this week so last couple of days of campaigning....Suzanne xx

22 comments:

Debi said...

Suzanne!!! you've really embraced my book theme and I LOVE it!! Brilliant creation!, debi x

Mervi said...

OM Suzanne this is stunning project-
fabulous indeed;-))m

Merkku said...

This is fantastic!
Have a nice week. Hugs
Merkku

Claudia N. said...

Wow, Suzanne! So lovely and very inspirational! And what a great challenge theme!!!!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Zoechaos said...

Blown away, knocked out and have to admit a little jealous that you have made such a sensational piece of 3d art. Words escape me this is Stunning XOXO Zoe

chriscesar said...

Yet another beautiful creation, love how you scened Alice in wonderland in your folded book! And love the blue colours you used!
Hugs
Chris

chriscesar said...

Hi Suzanne! Please to see you again on the blog!
Yet another beautiful creation, love how you scened your Alice in wonderland in your folded book!
Trying to do something for this challenge!
Hugs
Chris

Esther said...

Oh my goodness Suzanne this is amazing ! I don't think I've ever seen a folded book before, and yours is stunning. Such gorgeous images and colours..Esther xx

Meggymay said...

Wow an amazing design, love the details, it looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

Ann said...

This is FABULOUS! Thank you for sharing it with us at My Time To Craft!

2amscrapper said...

This is a fabulous creation-- a folded book is brilliant -- I love all things Alice!

Maria said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning Suzanne, I so love how you do these creations! I would love to give one of these a try. Good luck with the campaigning, I'll keep everything crossed for you!

Maria xxxxx

Payne Holler Cards said...

Oh my, this is completely new to me! It's so awesome! I've got to try this...amazing project (-:
Sure glad you joined us at sugar creek hollow so I didn't miss this ..
Hugs
Linda DT SCH

hazel said...

Wow!!! Suzanne this is amazing - love everything about it.
xxx Hazel.

Unknown said...

This is quite amazing! I really don't know how you got all those pages to stay still but well done! Dxx

Anonymous said...

wow this is awesome...love the effect and the colors and design are great as well...so happy to see you at sch this week...lizzi

Patti P. said...

Suzanne, this is stunning and sure Alice is a fairy tale! I have always thought these would be fun to try and may someday. You sure did a beautiful job creating this with the perfect stamps and embellishments. Love those cogs!
Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Patti SCH/DT

Esther said...

Oh WOW! How awesome is this book Suzanne! I really love it! (Might have to pinch the idea some time) - Esther :)

craft-roomjulia said...

Hi Suzanne, I'm so sorry for the lateness of this comment, a bad week last week!!!!!
Wow, what can I say, this is just spectacular. I adore these altered books but wouldn't have a clue where to start, a tutorial would be very nice lol Julia xxxxx

Laurart said...

So wonderful! Very beautiful creation! I am glad I found your blog! Lots of love from Laura xxxxx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, wow, wow - what an outstanding altered book! I love the folded book technique, and how you've created a little theatrical scene on the "stage" with the Alice characters - just brilliant!
Alison x

Julia S-W said...

What a stunning altered book Suzanne. I love it because as Alison says, it is such a clever little scene set and wouldn't it be fun to come up with an alternative Alice story for this?
A beautiful and cleverly executed project. Lovely to be inspired by someone even when you don't 'get' all of their work isn't it?
Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But A Card for this challenge. So nice to see you here.
Juliaxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...