Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Romantic Literature

Hello, I was up this morning before the Larks - it was only 4.30am and instead of doing the laundry etc - I had some breakfast and cracked on with a card that I wanted to make for a few challenges - challenges that I always try to join in with.

The lovely Mynnette has set a fabulous challenge this week over at MAKE my MONDAY, she has asked to see our creations based on the classic "Persuasion" by Jane Austen - now I am a fan of these stories (though admit to watching the dramas on the TV rather than reading the books) - my card is based upon the "love letter" within the book - apparently Captain Wentworth's letter is suppose to be "best ever romantic love letter".  I have used old book pages as a base which have been inked with Vintage Photo and Tea Dye.  The Kaisercracft botanical paper depicts the meadow/garden scene and my two Indigo Blu images are the characters.  I have also included the love letter.  As such I have drawn lots of inspiration from the novel.

The Fashionettes over at the FASHIONABLE STAMPING CHALLENGE would like to be "shown some love".  My card is based upon a romance story.  My heart has been hand drawn and cut from greyboard before being coloured with Tea Dye and then embossed.

The ladies over at SUGAR CREEK HOLLOW this week would like to see our romantic love in their usual vintage or shabby chic style.  I hope the vintage characters and sepia monochrome tones fit their challenge.

I really enjoyed making this card ...now who to give it to?   Suzanne ~x~

11 comments:

craft-roomjulia said...

This is so romantic Suzanne, the colours you have used work so beautifully with vintage. I love it. Julia xxxx

brenda said...

Lovely vintage feel to your card Suzanne, the colours work so well.

B x

Esther said...

ha ha...it must be a problem with Network Blogs as I couldn't leave a comment when I visited from FB ! Anyway - this is a beautiful card, what a perfect interpretation of 'Persuasion'...Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

Mynn xx said...

Suzanne, this is absolutely brilliant! LOVE the monochrome and your "love letter'!!! Fabulous creation! HUGS! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Suzi B said...

Hi Suze, wow you were up early and creative! producing this fabulous card love the vintage shades and romantic interpretation.
Love it that you've joined us at MMM
Suzi B xx

Unknown said...

dear suzanne! you are very lovely person and your cards are so beautifull;) you are very talented.
thank you so much for your many comments in my blog....

Mrs.B said...

HI Suzanne, This is a gorgeous romantic card, and a great interpretation with your stamped characters.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

Unknown said...

hi suzanne! in my blog there is someting for your your lovely blog..
happy weekend!

Daniele said...

what a gorgeous card, love the subtle colour palette, thanks for joining us at SCH
hugs

Cazro said...

Early mornings certainly suit you, I went to bed about an hour before you got up. I love how you have interpreted the challenge book, Persuasion, a great card Suzanne. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz

Fliss said...

This is really gorgeous Suz. Love the vintage sepia and the beautiful stamping and embellishing.
Thanks for joining in with our MMM literary inspiration challenge.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...