Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

My final DT for Gingersnaps

Wiping away a sentimental tear I am here today to share my last design team piece for Gingersnaps Creations.  I reiterate my best wishes to Shar and Ali for their future plans.

"BORDER PUNCHES"

My friend Carol of the Cubby Hole asked me to decorate this papier mache house and I thought "wow - thank you, I can use my border punches on this".  The house can now be seen at the Cub! as it is fondly known.  I really enjoyed working on this and had lots of fun with paints, tissue paper and beads.


The border punches I used were both purchased from the Cub and are an EK Success and a Martha Stewart.  Both were presents from two of my sons!  I have used them as a flower border round the garden and eaves trim as well as making the rosette flower above the door.



I painted the house using acrylic paints, mixing my own colours - I wanted to achieve an aged vintage victorian sort of burgundy red (I know what I mean as I had some wallpaper in my previous house lol:).  The roof has crackle medium applied to make it look weathered!

I used Tim Holtz Papillion set of stamps for the background which was stamped onto tissue paper.
Macro and seed beads were added to my house particularly around the "garden" for accents and the hand cut heart above the door.The Stampotique fence was added at the back.  Various papers, embellishments and text was added to finish my "home" off. The new Marianne Designs Lord n Lady Silhouettes LR0211 and the new little sweetheart stamps represents the family who lives in the house I think!


I  hope you like - I would love it if you could leave me a comment!

In the meantime I bid a fond farewell to all my friends at Gingersnap Creations.  I shall keep in touch via Blogland as I would not want to miss the wonderful artwork! 

I am entering my altered house into the following challenges:-

Simon Says Stamp & Show - "Anything Goes"

Sir Stampalot - "Take Inspiration"
Where do I start - I took inspiration from Brenda's rosette, Tracy's fence, Sally's edging, Ruth's flowers and Lynne and Francesa Butterflies.  Lovely work!

That Craft Place - "Anything Goes"

Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Bingo!!
My second entry - I have chosen the right hand line this time:-  "Flowers - hydrangea punch", "Buttons - on the roof" and "Vintage - my house has been aged with the use of stamping onto tissue paper, use of distress inks and vintage stamped images". 

Suzanne ~x~

30 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Aww...its sad leaving isn't it, such a great group.

Beautifully detailed. Such a lot of work gone into this, a great finalé.

Nigel said...

Awesome.

There's nothing like going out with a bang :)

x

brenda said...

What a stunning piece of work Suzanne.

Thanks so much for joining in our Inspiration theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope you will join us again.

B x

Sue said...

Wow Suzanne, this is amazing! So much attention to detail and something to see from every angle. It must have pride of place at the 'cub' x

Juls said...

wowzer!!! this is just incredible! Hugs Juls

Shirl said...

Another amazing stunner Suzanne you are one talented lady the distressed painting is fabulous and I do love the seed beads (I love working with these as well).

Thank you for sharing yet another beautiful piece of artwork with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Netty said...

Wow this is a spectacular finale piece. Loving it Suzanne, x

Francesca said...

Hi
What a gorgeous creation , I love the colours
thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot Challenge

Hugs
Francesca

Terry said...

What a stunning little house that you have built! So much detail and design elements! Love this! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

pinky said...

Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

trisha too said...

Wow, Suzanne, what a lovely piece, so many wonderful details.
:-)

Tracy said...

Wow Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mrs.B said...

Another fabulous project Suzanne.
Fabulous use of the border punches and so much detail. Love your distressed paint colour!
Thanks for joining us again at FSC
Avril xx

Lynne K said...

Wow! This is amazing! So much work. Love the butterflies on the roof! Glad you were inspired by our Stampalot Challenge this month, and thanks for sharing your lovely project with us.

Lynne x

Suzi B said...

Fabulous... what a way to go!
suzi b x

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! I love your house it's gorgeous. So much detail to look at.. I especially love the crackle roof.. sorry you are leaving especially as I've just really found Gingersnaps. I love your altered book it's amazing. I must follow your blog to keep up with your beautiful creations. Good luck and happy crafting. Gez.

lainey said...

this is amazing Suzanne!!! lainey x

Sarah said...

A fabulous creation and fitting farewell! Great colours and wonderful details...Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Sarah.

Ephemera said...

WOW what a wonderful creation, so beautifully detailed and great distressing on the roof. Love that colour, I like mixing my paints too, thanks so much for joining us at FSC with this stunning piece. xx

Erin said...

beautiful card and beautiful colours
thank you for joining us at
that craft place
erin xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOW Suzanne look at this! It is brilliant! Happy Weekend, Judy x

Anonymous said...

Creative, stunning and full of lots of amazing details - wait that describes every single piece of your beautiful and intricate art!

Big hugs! It's been a total pleasure to work with you on Gingersnap Creations!

Anonymous said...

Creative, stunning and full of lots of amazing details - wait that describes every single piece of your beautiful and intricate art!

Big hugs! It's been a total pleasure to work with you on Gingersnap Creations!

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow! This is a fabulous creation! Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month. Clare x

Anonymous said...

I am sure you had lots of fun. I altered a house (in kit form) possibly 2 years ago and my Mum still has it on display. I would love to try it again.
Thank you for sharing this gorgeous piece with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a breathtaking project, looks really fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Sally H said...

Wow! What a stunning creation!fabulous work! Glad so many of our DT inspired you. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampalot this month and good luck!

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow Suzanne! This is fabulous. I'm not sure I would know where to start! Thanks for joining us at FSC! Yvonne

Fliss said...

OMG Suz! Don't know how I missed this stunner. It's such a clever creation and love the colour and all the detail.
Thanks for joining in again with our FSC Bingo challenge.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Ruth said...

Wow! this is beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...